Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Final Thoughts of 2008

It's is fascinating what is happening in the world.

WARS.......Rumors of Wars......Famines......Natural Disasters......One world money market..... Recession......Diseases..............all sounding familiar? (Matthew 24)

I was reading I Timothy 4 today....and it struck me how the closer I think I'm getting to God, the further away, I really am.............Without correction, I would be without hope.....so here I am.... someone who has been in ministry for Christ for almost 35 years........and I know very little.

We are all treading on a minuscule, paper-thin blade of reaping God's blessings or losing it all.

I know this isn't the happiest blog for the end of the year......but its a sobering thought

I trust you all have a blessed New Year.........May God pour Wisdom all over you.
Take a moment and read 1 Timothy chapter 4 today........i won't print the whole chapter but I'll close this year's last blog with the final 3 verses in this timely chapter.

"...Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecies spoken to you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right, and God will save you and those who hear you."
(1 Tim. 4:14-16)

Love to you all
Greg

1 comment:

PANDA said...

An excellent post to end the year - very thought provolking and introspective! Happy New Year to you and yours...give everyone hugs and kisses for me please.

Love,
Tweet